Our permanent displays and special exhibitions are fully open to the public. Our opening times are Tuesday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm.
While legal Covid restrictions end in England on Monday 19 July, the Gallery will maintain existing social distancing and mitigation measures while infections continue to rise. We will keep this under review on a fortnightly basis.
We are gradually increasing capacity but we strongly advise you to book in advance using the safe and secure Art Tickets platform. Booking guarantees access to the Gallery and saves time. Admission is free but please make a donation if you can.
Please read the following information carefully before planning a visit:
- To aid social distancing, please don’t visit in groups larger than 6 people.
- Please scan the Gallery’s NHS Test and Trace QR Code with your Covid-19 app on entering the Gallery. (You will no longer be asked to leave contact details at the door.)
- Please stick to the one way routes and spaced queuing systems around the Gallery.
- While you’re visiting the Gallery please keep to social distancing guidelines, ideally two metres for anyone not from the same household.
- Please wear a face covering in the Gallery unless you have a valid exemption.
- Please sanitise your hands before entering the Gallery.
- You may be asked to queue if the Gallery is too busy when you arrive and in exceptional circumstances we may turn visitors away. If you are planning a special visit please book in advance.
- You can view or download our Covid-19 risk assessment here.
The Tea Room
The Tea Room is open Tuesday to Sunday 10am - 4pm. Outside seating available