The permanent displays and special exhibition space of the William Morris Gallery are open to the public from Wednesday 2 December 2020. The Gallery's usual opening times are Tuesday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm. Please see our Christmas 2020 opening times.
As capacity is reduced we strongly advise you to book in advance using the safe and secure Art Tickets platform. Booking guarantees access to the Gallery and saves time as your "track and trace" details are recorded in advance. Admission is free but please make a donation if you can.
Please read the following information carefully before planning a visit.
- We are unable to admit groups of more than six people.
- You must not visit the Gallery with people from outside your household or support bubble. You will be asked to confirm this when you book and when you arrive at the Gallery.
- There will be strict social distancing measures in place, including one way routes and spaced queuing systems, and our toilet facilities will be reduced.
- All visitors will be asked to leave contact details in line with the Government’s “track and trace” scheme. Your details will be kept for no longer than necessary and in line with data protection rules.
- While you’re visiting the Gallery please keep to social distancing guidelines, ideally two metres for anyone not from the same household.
- It is now mandatory to wear a face covering in the Gallery unless you have a valid exemption
- Hand sanitising facilities are available at the entrance to the Gallery and other key points. Please sanitise your hands before entering the Gallery.
- You may be asked to queue if the Gallery is too busy when you arrive and in exceptional circumstances we may turn visitors away. If you are planning a special visit please book in advance.
- You can view or download our Covid-19 risk assessment here
The Gallery shop is now open from Tuesday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm. A maximum of two customers are allowed in the shop at any one time and we can only accept cashless payments. You can also order online for delivery or use our pick up (click and collect) service.
Our special exhibition is Works In Progress. Entry to the special exhibition space is free and you do not need to book separately.
The Tea Room
The Tea Room is open Tuesday to Sunday 10am - 4pm serving a reduced range of hot and cold drinks, salad boxes, sandwiches and cakes.